2018 Bond Election
The Sienna Plantation Levee Improvement District (“SPLID”) will hold a bond election on November 6, 2018. This bond election includes funds for projects intended to improve the levee and drainage systems to better handle future rain events like Hurricane Harvey and natural disasters.
Funds will cover projects to:
- Expand channels and clean out creeks;
- Install additional sluice gates, flap gates and backup gates at pump stations;
- Increase capacity of current pumping stations, construct additional pump stations, and harden these facilities against storm damage;
- Installation of real time flood monitoring system, including water surface gauge panels, internal and external water surface monitoring equipment, rainfall monitoring equipment, and a SCADA monitoring system;
- Improve access to North and South pump stations;
- Harden the external face of the levee along the Brazos River; and
- Stop river erosion from encroaching into the levee
If passed, the bonds will accelerate $139 million in levee system improvements with NO SPLID tax rate increase. If not passed, the projects will take more than a decade to build on a pay as you go basis.
Early voting for the 2018 SPLID Bond Election will be held from October 22, 2018 through November 2, 2018. Election Day is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Notice of Appointment of Agent During the 2018 Bond Election Period
The Board of Directors of Sienna Plantation Levee Improvement District of Fort Bend County, Texas (“District”) has appointed a person to serve as the agent of the District and of the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors during the 2018 election period to perform the duties provided by Section 31.122 and 31.123 of the Texas Election Code.
Agent’s Name: Jessica Richardson
Agent’s office hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on regular business days
Duration of Agent’s appointment period: August 8, 2018 through December 17, 2018
Location of Agent’s office: 202 Century Square Boulevard, Sugar Land, Texas 77478